Old 16-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Sacha

Default Cost of Garden Centres versus Nurseries

in article 1fth1z1.co7ztf1ly9u3aN%00senetnospam@macunlimited. net, Jim W at
wrote on 15/4/03 8:30 pm:

Natalie wrote:

I totally agree Jim ;-)

Recently I have bought quite a few plants online...several of them via Ebay
auction.

All the plants have been extremely well packed and good quality. You have
to watch out for those who bump the price with the postage charges but
generally it has enabled me to buy some unusual plants without having to
travel miles ;-)

Indeed.. I have bought from both Janejanelane nurseries and
Joannasplants. Both have been satifactory..

The only exception I make is on the rare occasions that a garden centre
has a plant that is not easily available elsewhere, or is but it would
cost similar if you included postage etc.. Bought a Ribes speciosum
today.. a tenner for a medium pot.. Well overpriced IMO but I know I
will not find them in too many place and I have wanted one for a while..

Hmmm - we had a customer asking for that one yesterday and we don't have it
BUT the Plant Finder says there are more than 30 suppliers, which means it's
not by any means a rarity and that should be reflected in the price. Of
course, like anything else one really wants, if you find it, then it's worth
it to you.

--
Sacha
snip