Old 24-08-2009, 03:41 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Killing Ivy

On 2009-08-24 12:31:04 +0100, "R D S" said:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Colin" wrote ...
What's good for killing ivy without harming nearby fruit trees?
The neighbouring land (not someone's garden) has a couple of seriously
overgrown ivy plants and they're growing onto my property and also
growing all over the fruit trees next to them. I'd like some sort off
weedkiller to kill them that won't harm the trees.

Can't you just cut the plants off a few inches below the soil level, the
tops will then die and they don't come back from the roots.

You'd think.
We have a load of ivy that seems to be thriving without any connection to
the earth.

Market it!! ;-)

Quite possible - it can root in any old medium it finds - eg. on roofs
etc.
Connection to the earth not essential.

Regards
Pete