Old 24-08-2009, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I Made a Wasp Trap

wafflycat wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 17:37:06 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

I've had a spectacular crop of plums and damsons this year which
are falling on to the path quicker than I can pick them up. There's
only a certain amount I can eat, the chickens are fed up
with them, my neighbours have their own trees, so I'll just have
to sweep them onto the borders and wait for the wasps.

One word: Jam.

Plums and Damsons are very easy to jam they have enough natural
pectin to form a set without too much bother.

I don't like jam though :-(
I'm going to try making damson gin. Like sloe gin but damsons, why
not? Or wash the demi-johns out for some wine perhaps.

Or use vodka instead of gin... *hic*

g Have you tried raspberry vodka? I don't have any raspberries but for
those that have a lot, it's really lovely.
I tend not to drink vodka, it has this peculiar effect on me. While I'm
drinking it I feel absolutely sober. When I go outside I fall in the flower
bed..so I avoid it now ;-)
I rarely drink spirits anyway, but if I do I know when I've had enough, but
vodka never tells me that!
Spirits are a Christmas drink for me, so the damson gin should be just about
ready by then.

Tina