Old 24-08-2009, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson[_4_] Sally Thompson[_4_] is offline

Default I have a small Damson - but whats its name ???

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:01:19 +0100, gray wrote
(in article ):

We had a thread on this a while back. Have a look on Google at Prunus
sericifera and see if that rings any bells.

Are you refering to Prunus cerasifera or cherry plum ??.

My fruit is a touch smaller in dia and is very deep mauve/purple, its
not red.

The best I can come up with is a Shropshire prune. but not knowing the
actual size I am not sure.

We have a Shropshire prune (of course!) but the size you originally quoted
and snipped seems a tad smaller than ours. They are however a deep purple,
as you say.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening