Old 24-08-2009, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bud Bud is offline

Default tomatoes - again

Ophelia wrote:

Well me few plants of Tumbler tomatoes have performed very well and we
have been eating them for a week or two. Next time though, I will grow
for flavour rather than size. Any recommendations please?

Early Girl, an all around flavor that changes as they get riper, Roma for
canning, mostly juice, that can be left on the plant until you have
enough toms to make the canning time worth the while, Stupis for a great
tasting tomato which will gladly be eaten by all. They all have a short
ripening period, mostly, depending on weather temps. It's dry here in the
summer, once being a desert, so our watering of said toms I mentioned
like a deep watering once a week unless the wind kicks up and it is a dry
wind that sucks the water right out of the soil.
--
signature goes here