Old 24-08-2009, 11:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Castlewellan Gold (?)dying.

On Aug 24, 7:42 am, linda porter linda.porter.
wrote:
Hi
I set up a post a few days ago regarding one of a pair of Castlewellan
Gold(i beleive that is the correct name) which has gone very brown in
patches, dispite being looked after well. The other tree is fine. Since
posting, a friend suggested an aphid that carries a virus may be the
cause??? Something they had heard, and didnt have any other
information...Does any-one know anything about this, and if there is
anything I can do to save my tree. Any help much much appricated.
thanks
Linda

--
linda porter

FYI
For those of you who are wondering (as i was) Castlewellan Gold
is a variety of Cupressocyparis leylandii or Leyland Cypress

Emilie