Old 24-08-2009, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default tomato seed

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:10:27 +0100, "dido22"
wrote:

Hi,

Is there any point in trying to save some seed from this year's tomatos &
use them for next year' crop ? If so, how ?

I've done it for years, but they don't come true, so don't be fussy
what you get.
Sear the seed on a piece of kitchen paper, well spaced out, and let
the paper dry fully, then write the year date and any detail on the
paper.
Next spring, cut out bits of the paper with a seed and plant the
paper, don't try to remove the seed.

All my plants bar one developed blight this year, and they were all
from saved seed. I'm saving seed this year only from the blight-free
plant.
KK

Pam in Bristol