Old 25-08-2009, 01:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Castlewellan Gold (?)dying.

"linda porter" wrote in message

Hi
I set up a post a few days ago regarding one of a pair of Castlewellan
Gold(i beleive that is the correct name) which has gone very brown in
patches, dispite being looked after well. The other tree is fine. Since
posting, a friend suggested an aphid that carries a virus may be the
cause??? Something they had heard, and didnt have any other
information...Does any-one know anything about this, and if there is
anything I can do to save my tree. Any help much much appricated.
thanks

Beth Chatto had that bug in her trees I seem to recall. One of her books
(the one where she converts her car park into a dry garden) has lots of info
on it and how she treated it if I recall correctly.