Old 25-08-2009, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potatoes - Leave or Lift

TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

I have a short row of early potatoes still in the ground (sorry, can't
remember variety).
The tops have died or are dying back - should I lift these and try to store
them (if so how) or just leave them in the ground till needed?
Will they get eaten by insects, slugs etc if left?
Probably take another month for the family to eat them!

TIA

Phil

Best to lift them. While they are in the ground slugs will continue to
eat them.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.