Old 25-08-2009, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Duck weed

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:15:40 +0200, Martin wrote:

Some years it completely covers the IJsselmeer, although not so far this year.
Tourists have been known to take short cuts across canals in the semi dark
because they mistook the duckweed for lawns.

I nearly fell for that myself when I was a youngster. Recently I saw a
dog chase a cat across a duck weed covered pond. They both got a bit
wet.

Steve