Old 25-08-2009, 08:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Ants.

For people like us, who grow outside under screens, the bait traps and such
are not as effective, especially in summer when S. FL gets a lot of rain.

We used to have ants coming out of our ears; now I rarely see them near the
plants. We used Orthene for other things (thrips) some time back, and the
ants just went away. Haven't used Orthene in ages now, but still no ants.

Of course, if you grow in an enclosed area that is not a greenhouse, using
chemicals presents a problem. As usual, what works depends to a great extent
on your conditions.

Diana

"jankey" wrote in message
agreed, terro is great; just don't get the liquid on painted surfaces,
it's very tough to get off.

--j_a