Old 25-08-2009, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default My water butt is empty

David in Normandy wrote:
Janet Baraclough wrote:

I don't want it any more so you can have it back, send a pipe.

Can I have it please if I connect a pipe from there to Normandy?
The ground is baked hard and cracking here.
Water butt is empty, underground storage tank nearly empty. Next resort
pumping from the well at the other end of our property.

At least you've got options left. Our well in the courtyard has
dropped below the level I can reach with the pump, about 9m.
The other well is still OK but much too far away, and downhill, to
reach the garden.

-E