Old 25-08-2009, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default My water butt is empty

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from David in Normandy contains these
words:

Janet Baraclough wrote:

I don't want it any more so you can have it back, send a pipe.

Can I have it please if I connect a pipe from there to Normandy?

Of course. I'll just plug this end into a downpipe from the roof.

The ground is baked hard and cracking here.
Water butt is empty, underground storage tank nearly empty. Next resort
pumping from the well at the other end of our property.

Wait till you're bathing in a washing up bowl and turning your
underwear inside out for another day..that's
short of water :- (

Can you cover the soil surface with plastic or carpet, or stones, to
conserve any dew and reduce evaporation?

Which turn of the undies are you on Janet? :-)

Very dry over in my bit of Norfolk.

mark