Old 25-08-2009, 10:27 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

Default How to fix a perma-squealing B&D 16" corded e-ic hedge trimmer

On 8/25/2009 1:47 PM bent spake thus:

it is definitely not the blade, and is definitely inside

over at forums.gardenweb.com in the Tool Shed they said the motor uses
cheaper bushings, not bearings, that I could lubricate for a temp fix. Do
you guys trust them.

Dunno if I trust them, as I don't even know them. But yes, almost any
motor can be lubricated, even one with crappy busings/bearings.
Shouldn't be hard to open it up and apply lube where needed.

The question is how long it'll last, but it should quiet it down at
least temporarily. Me, being a compulsive DIYer/fixer, I'd do it.