Old 26-08-2009, 09:12 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jeßus[_2_] Jeßus[_2_] is offline

Default Spring planting

In article 4a91f237$0$28355$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au, ask@itshall said...
Has anyone in the cooler areas managed to do any spring planting of veg yet,
and if so, how is it going?

I've planted mostly kale, spinach, cabbage and leek about six weeks ago
- I also helped them along by protecting them with plastic covers, which
also deals with the huge winds we get (and are getting) here. Weeks of
rain also means no frosts for quite some time and warmer than usual
temps.

At the moment I'm on a big fruit tree and natives planting spree... only
about another 400 trees and shrubs to go

Oh, N.E Tas here, btw.