Old 26-08-2009, 02:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Luffa gourds - still no female flowers

"OhioGuy" wrote in
:

Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? I am at a
different
location than I was when this happened over 20 years ago.

luffas demand heat. i can't grow them in NH, it doesn't get warm
enough. i suspect that may be your problem, but if you are getting a
few female flowers, try hand pollinating. the immature fruit turning
yellow & dropping sounds like lack of pollination
lee