Old 26-08-2009, 08:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve Price Steve Price is offline

Default phalaenopsis

Hi i am new to this group and very new to orchids.

I would be very greatfull for some help please.

Firstly I do understand that growing orchids is I beleive very specialized.

I bought 4 orchids from my local garden centre all in full bloom, I gave 2
to my girl friend and kept the other 2 myself.

My 2 bloomed for about 3 weeks then the flowers died off and I am now left
with just 2 bare stems!

The other 2 are still in full bloom so where am I going wrong?

I am still getting every day messages from a company in america wanting to
sell me a book on orchids.

Any help will be most welcome

Thanks

Steve Price