Old 26-08-2009, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve[_30_] Steve[_30_] is offline

Default Thinking of buying Parasene Pro - Weed Wand (with trolley) 563 -DONT!

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 19:53:35 +0100, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

They are a complete waste of time and money, I tried some years ago to kill
off weeds using a flame gun, they grew back stronger than ever, the only
really effective way is so douse them in weedkiller, you could try using a
thing on the end of a long handle whose name I have forgotten!(:-(

That would be the missus.

"Steve" wrote in message
.. .
Complete and utter rubbish. The trolley is not even suitable for
carrying a canister of gas let alone a bottle because it's just not
made well at all. A sack barrow design would have been better. Very
poor welding ensured it was next to useless.

The flame gun itself seemed OK but the ignition is very suspect
(piezo)

As for burning weeds? Funnily enough some weeds just don't burn and
even more just don't die for long. Not to mention the damage to
insects like ladybirds and the like. All in all don't waste your
money. I was told the cansiter weed wands were useless, but the big
boy is too.