Old 27-08-2009, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Bloody runner beans!

alan.holmes wrote:
Each morning I go to the bottom of the garden to pick runner beans,
and often I cannot find any, then a couple of days later there are
dozens of them, huge and well past their best, so where have they
been hiding, and how can I be sure to find the damnned things before
they get to the stage when they are inedible?

Alan

I find the best technique is to walk along the row both ways twice, each
side.
The first pass is eyes looking eye level and below, the second is eye level
and above.
Eight passes in all per row.
Only one row here fortunately !

Regards