Old 27-08-2009, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default My water butt is empty

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message

On 2009-08-26 18:38:15 +0100, "David WE Roberts"
said:

[Bit of pruning]

You could always move to a coastal resort with regular fine weather and
a dry microclimate. :-))

Like Cornwall? ;-))

No, like Felixstowe! [Where it is actually raining for once :-}]

Damn!
Must have missed that - we were in Ipswich yesterday waiting for the man
from Siemens to come and change the gas meter at my daughter's house.
They gave an 08:00 to 20:00 appointment :-(
There was a sprinkling of rain in the morning, but barely enought to wet
the grass; just enough to settle all the dust out of the air onto the car.
It gave me the chance to add some more plants (lavender) to the dust bowl
which is her front garden, apply some Growmore and chicken sh*t, and cover
the lot with four bags of manure (which I expect to disappear without
trace within a month).
I then spent quite a lot of time watering with a hose pipe to try and get
enough moisture in to rescue the previous planting and give the new plants
a half way decent start.
If it doesn't rain I'll have to go back in a week or so to water the
garden again, I think.

Cheers

Dave R

Oh, and my water butt is STILL empty.

I wouldn't get too upset David. It was just enough to pi*s the cats off,
but not enough to affect the garden.

--
Kathy
A person who doesn't like cats must have been a mouse in a previous life.