Old 28-08-2009, 04:27 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
SteveB[_10_] SteveB[_10_] is offline

Default winter crops

I live in XXtreme SW Utah at about 3700' elevation. I'm right in those
tight bands of zone numbers. The temperatures vary from year to year.

Tomorrow, I'm going out to till up the mess that is currently the garden,
and make ready for winter. I'm going to put about 20 bags of "stuff" into
the garden. I do have a 4' tall north wall to break the wind. I am going
to run a shunt off my house water so I can water in the winter, as the ag
water is turned off when it freezes. What can be grown in the winter?

Steve