Old 28-08-2009, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default help needed with some ID, please

bob wrote:
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:56:43 +0100, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/v...ser/24-8-3.jpg

Looks like Campsis radicans

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/v...ser/24-8-5.jpg

Looks like a begonia, possibly grandis

Good - thanks for those.

Re the Campsis - I've only just twigged, there's a mature one of these
flowering in my garden right now a few feet away but this tiny thing,
only just come to my notice this year, hasn't flowered so far. I
didn't recognise it.

Is this a safe time to move it to another spot in the garden?

They seem to sulk a bit whenever you move them, but eventually recover.
It's a good plant to pot up for charity plant sales.

But the fact that this one has appeared a few feet from the parent should
start the warning flags flying. It is invasive, and spreads many feet from
the main plant, even pushing up in the gaps between paving stones.

--
Jeff