Old 29-08-2009, 08:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default 1 female fruit/flower!

"OhioGuy" wrote in
:

Hey, I put bone meal around the plants a few days ago
(phosphorus), and
also trimmed off the ends of the vines. I read that both can
stimulate female fruit production, and guess what? I finally
have a female fruit that is large - nearly 2" long - and ready
to flower! Yay!

This is so cool. I hope I can get at least a half dozen
mature 'sponges'.
If so, then I'm going to use them as Christmas gifts for people.

can you build a 'greenhouse' over your vines? luffas need hot
weather & i doubt Ohio has enough summer left to ripen the sponges.
lee