Old 16-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Bigjon

Default Natures Predictions

Recently, Ophelia uttered:

"Mike" wrote in message
In article , Sharon
Brackenbury writes
I am putting together a book with a working title of " Natures

Predictions -
Traditional Ways of Predicting Life's Natural Occurrences". Examples

would
be cows laying down meaning rain, how high you carry a baby predicts the
sex, and how high crows build their nests predicting a good summer etc.

If
anyone would like to let me have any of these sayings that they can
remember, then I would be happy to put their name along side it in my

book.

Lots of Berries on the bushes and trees a bad winter

Why does cows lying down mean rain?

LOL that was always my question when I was a child. They mght just have been
tired

We always thought it was because the grass they lay on would be dry after
the rain, and there would be no worms on the surface so they could continue
munching as soon as the rain stopped !!
--
It's all on http://support.microsoft.com/ somewhere....