Old 16-04-2003, 11:20 PM
ned

Default Natures Predictions

Mike wrote:
In article , Sharon
Brackenbury writes
I am putting together a book with a working title of " Natures
Predictions - Traditional Ways of Predicting Life's Natural
Occurrences". Examples would be cows laying down meaning rain, how
high you carry a baby predicts the sex, and how high crows build
their nests predicting a good summer etc. If anyone would like to
let me have any of these sayings that they can remember, then I
would be happy to put their name along side it in my book.

Lots of Berries on the bushes and trees a bad winter

Why does cows lying down mean rain?

...... Even a cow knows that if you lie on wet grass you will catch
cold.
Therefore, doesn't it make sense to preserve a bit of dry grass to lie
on before it starts raining?

--
ned

....... isn't it a shame that common sense
is not all that common.
;-)