Old 31-08-2009, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Hozelock Ultra 12

"Martin" wrote in message
I'm sorry but I don't see the bit that proves she works for Hozelock.

If you want to contact Hozelock the way to do it is via
http://www.hozelock.com/contact-us.html

-- and I don't draw any
distinction between "the company" and an employee.

The rest of the world does. Not all employees are allowed to represent a
company's views in public.

There are two issues
a) Was it a genuine post and if so why didn't she use a company e-mail
address?
b) There is nothing preventing a company from posting to news groups. It's
advertising that is frowned upon.

A company cannot
post here, only an individual can. Nor should it make any difference
whether she is posting in her own time or in company time -- she is
clearly posting as the company or on behalf of it, and if she gets the
job done, what is there to be so negative about? Rejoice instead.

Martin's answers win more " precisely's " from me. (:-)

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com