Old 31-08-2009, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Advice needed, glasshouse or polytunnel

"kerrygirl" wrote
,

I'm new to gardenbanter.

Actually it's a newsgroup called uk.rec.gardening that Gardenbanter include
on their web site.

I have started a new step in gardening, I grew
seeds for the first time this summer. I have been trying to educate
myself on glasshouses and polytunnels but I'm still not sure, at the
moment I can't afford a glasshouse. A lot of the seed packets say '
protect from frost ' would a polytunnel protect my seeds during winter
or is it used for spring growing. Advice very much appreciated. I live
in Ireland.

Provided it was kept frost free then either would do, just watch the cold
condensation off the glass/plastic doesn't drip on the plants.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden