Old 16-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Ron Nelson

Default Prunning From the Bottom?

Although I have found that topping cabomba and then letting the bottoms grow
back to the surface often causes them to sprout a new top that you can use
to increase how much cabomba you have. It does mean you have to deal with
the ugly cut bottoms for a while though.

Ron

"LeighMo" wrote in message
So your saying rip out the whole plant, cut and replant the tops?

Yes. With stem plants, I mean. Don't try this with an Amazon sword. g

Just cutting the top off a stem plant and discarding it, leaving the

bottom, is
called "topping." It's not recommended for many stem plants like Cabomba;

it
makes the plant straggly and unattractive.

Leigh