Old 01-09-2009, 02:54 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Traveler View Post
Will Japanese Timber Bamboo loose their leaves in winter?

This is my first time growing bamboo.

Thanks
Mysterious Traveler
West Texas
I presume you refer to Phyllostachys bambusoides. Shouldn't lose its leaves in winter. Though they might go tatty to be replaced once it warms up in the spring. Generally reckoned only to do well to zone 7 or higher, hope you aren't too cold in winter. I also hope you are aware that given a warm summer such as you have in Texas, and sufficient water to survive, it is very invasive.