Old 01-09-2009, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson[_4_] Sally Thompson[_4_] is offline

Default Cruising OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:43:05 +0100, Judith in France wrote
(in article
):

We often read about cruises on urg, so here's my little bit of info.
We are going on a cruise for Christmas!!!! The first ever, from
France to Italy, to Sicily,Crete, Egypt, Rome and a few more places I
can't remember. My husband phoned tonight, I am in England and told
me it is all booked up and the dog is booked into kenels. I can't
wait although I am a bit concerned; I came over on the ferry from
France due to problems with the Channel Tunnel and I felt decidedly
queasy en route, what hope for me on the open seas??? The first time
I sailed wth my husband was in Greece, on our honeymoon, we capsized
but it was just a sailing dingy. The other times I have sailed were,
again, in a Lazer and that is the sum total of my experience with
boats. I was a wimp then and I suspect I still am even though it will
be on a liner.

I'm sure you don't need to worry, Judith. We have not been on a cruise per
se, but have been on the ship that goes up the coast of Norway (Hurtigruten)
and also on one of the same line's maiden voyages across the North Sea and
into various ports en route. They were /nothing/ like the cross channel
ferry! Much much more comfortable and stable. Have a great time. It's a
wonderful way to see places and not have to re-pack every day.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening