Old 01-09-2009, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cruising OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 31 Aug, 23:11, Dave Hill wrote:
On 31 Aug, 22:03, David Rance wrote:

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009, Judith in France wrote:
My husband phoned tonight, I am in England and told
me it is all booked up and the dog is booked into kenels. *I can't

*wait although I am a bit concerned; I came over on the ferry from
*France due to problems with the Channel Tunnel ...

Problems with the Tunnel. Was this recently? We are due to return via
the Tunnel on Thursday.

I do hope we don't have a repeat of our return journey last year.
Because our two cats were with us we didn't use the
Ouistreham-Portsmouth crossing but booked to come via the Tunnel. On the
motorway approaching the Pont de Normandie we had a puncture. That
delayed us for over an hour. When we arrived at the Tunnel in Calais it
was to discover that it had been closed because of a fire so we had to
wait four hours for a ferry. It took sixteen hours altogether. The cats
were very patient and didn't start wailing until we were about two miles
from home!

Judith, do tell me I'm worrying unnecessarily!

David

--
David Rance
writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France

A friend of mine has been on cruises in the Med for the last few
years, last year he was on one of the Massive cruise ships, (with
some *up to 4000 pasangers), had a great time on the ship, but
excursions........
When they got to Alexandria and were going to the pyramids, they has
53 coaches going there, I dread being somewhere like Valetta henn one
of those things berths, and last summer on one day they had 5 cruise
ships in at the same time.
Hope you have a great time
David Hill- Hide quoted text -

Thanks David, interesting, would you go again?

Judith