Old 01-09-2009, 09:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Lichen/verdigris?

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 12:43:13 +0100, Doghouse Riley
wrote:

Hi!

First post!

We've many well established azeleas in out garden, but some of them are
troubled with these deposits on various parts of the branches. It
doesn't effect the flowers although some of the leaves get a greyish
bloom on them. It can with difficulty be brushed off, but I'm looking
for some sort of treatment to get rid of it. These azeleas are with a
few yards of a 3000 gallon koi pool so I guess the atmosphere can be a
bit damp.
Any advice would be appreciated.

[image: http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2573/p1020375c.jpg]

Looks like lichens to me. I plan to completely remove all of my
azaleas this year due to severe winter deer damage. Other than the
deer, I have had some problems with lacebug eating azaleas but hese
can easily be controlled.