Old 02-09-2009, 12:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Coriander seeds

Kathy wrote:
[]
No need to apologise, but could someone *please* answer my question on how
to prepare the seeds? I'm getting nowhere on my own!

OK, pity had.

The seeds still green are terrific added to soups, stews, etc, whole.

You can use the dried mature seeds ground in any sort of Asian sauce.
Whole cracked, use with honey for a glaze for poultry, this is a
classic French roast chicken recipe. Can use for steak instead of
cracked pepper, too.

Just go for it, they're very versatile. Also freeze well, no
special prep necessary.

Can be nice in dessert biscuits too, add well ground with rum
to sugar biscuits, very nice.

HTH

-E