Old 16-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Bigjon

Default Natures Predictions

Recently, Sharon Brackenbury uttered:

I am putting together a book with a working title of " Natures Predictions -
Traditional Ways of Predicting Life's Natural Occurrences". Examples would
be cows laying down meaning rain, how high you carry a baby predicts the
sex, and how high crows build their nests predicting a good summer etc. If
anyone would like to let me have any of these sayings that they can
remember, then I would be happy to put their name along side it in my book.

Here's a few we remember from a while back....

Bad weather gets better, a bad man never does.
When the wind shifts against the sun, trust it not, for back it will run.
If you lie down with dogs, you are going to get fleas.
Whistling woman and crowing hen never come to a good end.
Clear moon, frost soon.
April showers bring May flowers.
Seagull, seagull sit on the sand, it's never good weather when you're on
the land.
Ring around the moon, storm coming soon.
--
It's all on http://support.microsoft.com/ somewhere....