Old 03-09-2009, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Father, it has been three weeks since my last rainfall....

David WE Roberts wrote:
....but it is raining tonight!!!!!

Oh, yes :-)

No doubt I will get fed up with it after the first few days, but perhaps the
grass will no longer look like a ginger person's chest wig.

Wierd - ten miles inland and all the lawns are green, but here on the coast
burnt brown is the fashionable colour.

Western people, thank you for finally leaving us some.

Yes, we are obviously near you or in a similar east coast place. Our
fields have been brown for some weeks. Everything with shallow roots
is well dried up though the trees (including our fruit trees) are
fine, in particular we have had the biggest crop of plums ever this
year.

--
Chris Green