Old 03-09-2009, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Carrots

"shazzbat" wrote ((SNIP))

I'm wondering whether a similar strategy may work to avoid leek moth next
year.

Not in our experience, but unlike carrots with carrot fly the leeks usually
come through the attack unharmed, except they may be a touch smaller than
normal. We've had Leek Moth for years and the only thing that seems to do
any good if it gets a serious problem** is a good dusting of Derris powder
right into the centre of the plant, oh sorry, can't get Derris any more!!!

** some years it is much worse than others, when we first got it the damage
was serious and right into the heart of the plant, this year just the tips
of the leaves show damage.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden