Old 03-09-2009, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Father, it has been three weeks since my last rainfall....

On 3 Sep, 09:48, wrote:
David WE Roberts wrote: ....but it is raining tonight!!!!!

Oh, yes :-)

No doubt I will get fed up with it after the first few days, but perhaps the
grass will no longer look like a ginger person's chest wig.

Wierd - ten miles inland and all the lawns are green, but here on the coast
burnt brown is the fashionable colour.

Western people, thank you for finally leaving us some.

Yes, we are obviously near you or in a similar east coast place. *Our
fields have been brown for some weeks. *Everything with shallow roots
is well dried up though the trees (including our fruit trees) are
fine, in particular we have had the biggest crop of plums ever this
year.

--
Chris Green

Now I know who they were talking to on Gardeners World when they said
that now is a good time to treat your Decking whilst the timber is
dry.
Here it would make more sence to fix oil drums to it and use it as a
raft.
We've had 2 3/4 inch in 48 hours, yesterday we had 1 inch in less than
2 hours.
PLEASE when you address the clouds wanting rain do Add your Post
Code
David Hill