Old 04-09-2009, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Green House dismantling

"mark" wrote in message
o.uk...
I've been offered an aluminium green house, 6ft by 8ft.
No charge but I have to dismantle/re-erect it.

I've no experience of such an operation and I can't just remove the glass
and carry the frame as I'm 4 miles away.

Should I go for it or will it be more hassle than it's worth?

mark

Go for it.

Take photographs of it erected and at every stage of dismantle.

Stand the glass up against something firm and square as you take the sheets
out.

Photo as you go.

Don't bother if the nuts and bolts sheer, these are available in Garden
Centres as are the clips for the glass.

Your only problem is transporting the long lengths of the Greenhouse which
will be 8 ft long. Roof rack yes with care.

If it is old and on a metal base, it may have rusted away, in which case
build a brick plinth of two courses above ground level and re-erect on that
screwing it down through the bottom of the frame.

Been there, done that, worked a treat.

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk