Old 04-09-2009, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°¹ is offline

Default Green House dismantling

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 08:31:24 +0100, "mark"
wrote:

I've been offered an aluminium green house, 6ft by 8ft.
No charge but I have to dismantle/re-erect it.

I've no experience of such an operation and I can't just remove the glass
and carry the frame as I'm 4 miles away.

Should I go for it or will it be more hassle than it's worth?

I've done this a couple of times and it's not too onerous.

Break it down into large sections if you can, don't need to strip it
down to individual parts. Any joints you do take apart can be
numbered with a felt pen so that you can find your way back again.
Perhaps make a pencil sketch before you start. Good luck,
Getting the glass out and back in is the hard part and you will almost
certainly need some new sealing strips for the glass.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹