Old 04-09-2009, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Green House dismantling

mark wrote:
I've been offered an aluminium green house, 6ft by 8ft.
No charge but I have to dismantle/re-erect it.

I've no experience of such an operation and I can't just remove the glass
and carry the frame as I'm 4 miles away.

Should I go for it or will it be more hassle than it's worth?

mark

Can be done but remember that old glass is often very brittle. I would be
most surprised if you didn't crack a pane or two when removing the spring
clips. I'm not much on 'elf&safety usually, but I'd definitely use safety
glasses when removing those clips, as splinters of glass tend to break off
and fly all over the place.

--
Jeff