Old 04-09-2009, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default What kind of worms?

Des Higgins writes
On Sep 4, 1:38*pm, K wrote:
Des Higgins writes

Our compost is not great but it is functional (gets rid of peelings
and garden waste and makes stuff that can be dug in). In winter, ours
tends to sit there in a soggy clammy mess. It still works.

Ours is much the same. But the result is something which is far better
than our normal clay soil (we are bounded on one side by something
referred to on the Tithe map as the @clay field' and on the other by a
former brickworks). I leave t on top in a 6 inch layer - good side
effect s that weeds are much easier to pull out.

I don't suppose you have thought of bottling the urine as K's patented
compost accelerator?

I would hate to have to commit to a production level that I might not be
able to achieve ;-)

--
Kay