Old 17-04-2003, 12:08 AM
ponder

Default potting soil

If you plant in kitty litter you don't need clay!

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
Hmmm, I thought it was the other way around: plant in the well-rinsed

plain
ol' kitty litter, then cover with the clay! Oh well, someone who does it
that way will probably chime in . . . I need to know myself, pretty soon.

Lee

"jammer" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 19:58:38 -0400, "Priscilla McCullough"
wrote:

I bought some potting soil today to plant some of my lilies in. They

were
out of the dirt I normally buy to do this.
I got to thinking though if there is anything in the potting soil that

might
harm the fish.
The only thing I see is that it has peat in it. Do you think this could

harm
the fish by making the water to acidic?
Priss

Do you have the annoying clay type dirt in your yard? That is what i
read lillies prefer. Then cover with well rinsed kitty litter or a
similiar medium.