Old 05-09-2009, 08:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Lotus blooms - finally!

LOL... this year I drove by Lake Winnebago (big lake in middle of Wisconsin) and
where the highway runs west of the Lake is a big marshy area that gives out into a
wide open water where there is this huge area of native lotus (zone 4). You need
about 2.5 - 3' of water and they will go nuts. Ingrid

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 07:31:17 EDT, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
I think I can squeezea lotus in next year.
How much surface area per plant did you give it? Kiddy pool? so it
doesn't need deep water? Do you leave it out for the winter?

I'm in a warm Zone 5 in upstate NY. Days are shorter than in TN-
but not a lot colder in my little protected spot.

Jim

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan
on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago