Old 06-09-2009, 03:36 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Broadcast spreader

On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 00:17:53 GMT, "brooklyn1"
wrote:

"Phisherman" wrote in message
.. .
My $40 Scotts broadcast spreader is going to the trash heap, never
again will buy a Scotts product. This spreader is literally falling
apart and I have kept good care of it. I'm looking for a new walk
behind spreader that will last a few years and better quality. The
Lowes and Home Depot sell cheap spreaders (I guess that is what
sells), but we have a new Tracter Supply Co. store. My local choices
are limited as I am in a small town, anyone have comments on this one
for use on one acre of fescue lawn?

Pro Broadcast Spreader with rain cover 100# capacity 4404303 (sale
$118)

http://tinyurl.com/lwd3r7

I think this brand is "Harvest" but not sure. Any comments?

How many years did your $40 spreader last?

I used it 4 or 5 times.