Old 06-09-2009, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Part_No Part_No is offline

Default What kind of worms?

Timothy Murphy wrote in news:h7qndo$ka9$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

I was told here some time ago
that the worms provided with wormeries
are the same as the worms anglers use.

When I went to my locl angling shop and requested worms,
I was asked whether I wanted "rag worms",
which I gathered are for sea angling, or "garden worms".

Which would be most appropriate for a wormery?

Just to let you know, rag worms are used for sea fishing and are of no use
to you as they are harvested from sea shores under the sand and are "salt
water" variety.

"Garden worms" are what you need, and there are many different types.
Dig some from your garden and put them in your compost heap.
They breed quickly and you will never be without them.

Look here if you want to know more
http://www.campbelltown.sa.gov.au/we...ZWSA_worms.pdf

Hope this helps
Part_No