Old 07-09-2009, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default no flowers

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 17:37:31 +0100, solaara
wrote:

I planted daffs 4 yrs ago..They flowered the first year and nothing
since.. I have them in compost in a tub..We have chalk soil and the
ones in the ground seem to do alright...Will bonemeal help or will I
have to put them in the ground..My daughter planted some in tubs last
year and only a few flowered..Also, what depth should they be planted?

Have you dug down and investigated the bulbs in the last year or so?
In pots, unless you feed them very well, they seem to shrink and die
off after a couple of years. You may no longer have bulbs of
flowering size.
In my experience they do well in tubs for one or two years, then I put
them in the garden and put new ones in the tubs/pots. Some sort of
feeding IS necessary.

Pam in Bristol