Old 08-09-2009, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Acer leaf scorch - what to do?

On 2009-09-07 14:58:05 +0100, "CT" said:

I was given an Acer Palmatum 'Garnet' a week ago, but it has some leaf
scorch[1]. Over the week it seems to be getting a little worse. I
suspect it's just not had enough water lately, and I've been addressing
that. It's currently still in the pot that it came in, but I am
imminently going to repot it into something bigger containing a mixture
of John Innes No. 2[2] and some gravel.

Anyway, what should I do with it in the current situation? Googling
for information on leaf scorch returns lots of info on what it is and
why it occurs but not much (as far as I can see) on what should be done
about it after the fact.

Is it in a windy area? They don't like a lot of wind and/or wet roots.
Make sure it can drain well.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com