Old 09-09-2009, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.legal
CT CT is offline

Default Watering cans from Tesco

tony wrote:

Last summer I bought 2 stainless steel watering cans from Tesco.
At the start of the season this year, they were showing signs of rust
and leaking.
Tesco have refused to refund the cost as I do not have the recipt
I am reluctant to take the company to the small claims court because
of the cost,
but all gardeners should be aware of Tesco's attitude
I will probably cut up my Tesco club card and send it to Leahy

You don't actually need a receipt but some proof of purchase helps.

Have a look at the Sale Of Goods Act fact sheet[1]. I once
successfully returned a faulty item to B&Q sans receipt, but I had to
speak to a manager and threaten them with showing a printout of the
SOGA.

[1]
http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/cons...laimmy rights

--