Old 09-09-2009, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.legal
francis francis is offline

Default Watering cans from Tesco

On 9 Sep, 10:09, "shazzbat" wrote:
wrote in message

In article
,
sandy58 wrote:
On Sep 9, 7:56=A0am, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Richard Bird" wrote in message
"tony" wrote in message
..=
.
Last summer I bought 2 stainless steel watering cans from Tesco.
At the start of the season this year, they were showing signs of rust
and leaking.
Tesco have refused to refund the cost as I do not have the recipt
I am reluctant to take the company to the small claims court because
of the cost,
but all gardeners should be aware of Tesco's attitude
I will probably cut up my Tesco club card and send it to Leahy

Are you sure that they are "stainless steel" and not galvanised
because=
as
far as i was aware s/s does not rust

Stainless Steel can rust, it depends on the grade and make up of the
Stee=

Ballocks! Where did you dig up that load of shite? "SS can rust." *Go
back to school, ****.

In this thread, Mike Crowe knows a hundred times as much as the
people who are abusing him, and is being a lot politer. *He is
entirely correct. *Please troll elsewhere.

Many grades of stainless steel are merely rust-resistant, even in
good conditions, and there is no good reason to make gardening
equipment out of surgical-grade stainless steel.

But even the best stainless steels will corrode (and 'rust' is a
fair term) under extremely hostile conditions, such as largely
anaerobic seawater. *It's a big problem in marine engineering.
The seawater removes the oxide coating, and the residual oxygen
then attacks the iron.

Metals corrode. If it doesn't corrode, it's gold, and then someone nicks it.

Steve- Hide quoted text -

I allways thought that gold was a metal.

Francis