Old 09-09-2009, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.legal
tony tony is offline

Default Watering cans from Tesco

On Sep 9, 5:23*am, tony wrote:
Last summer I bought 2 stainless steel watering cans from Tesco.
At the start of the season this year, they were showing signs of rust
and leaking.
Tesco have refused to refund the cost as I do not have the recipt
I am reluctant to take the company to the small claims court because
of the cost,
but all gardeners should be aware of Tesco's attitude
I will probably cut up my Tesco club card and send it to Leahy
Tony Bullwww.caterpillarfountain.co.uk

I think many of you are missing the point.
The arguments about the merits and properties ae largely superfluous
I actually have a degree in metallurgy and spent around 30 years heat
treating steels, some of them stainless steels
The watering can was sold to me as stainless steel I would not expect
it to start to rust after less than a year. It is not fit for purpose.
It is rather unlikely that I would use it to apply anaerobic seawater
to my plants!!!!!!!